On 14 June 2020 Sushant Singh Rajput was found hanging from the fan in his apartment. A couple of months later, the drug connection was revealed in the case.
The Narcotics Control Bureau has named the drug dealer Sahil Shah as the main suspect in the drugs case involving the death of Sushant Singh Rajput. Sahil is known as Flasco. It is being said that Sahil supplied drugs to Sushant. It is being told that on Tuesday afternoon, the NCB has also arrested two drug suppliers associated with Sahil. In a conversation, NCB zonal director Sameer Wankhede spoke about Sahil.
Sahil Shah was a puzzle for 6 months
Speaking to E-Times, Wankhede said, “Sahil had been a puzzle for us for the last 6 months. We raided her house in Malad on Monday night, where her mother and wife were found. He lived in the same complex where Sushant had previously lived. Sahil used to supply drugs to Karan Arora and Abbas Lakhani, who were arrested by the NCB in August last year. ” Recall that Karan Arora and Abbas Lakhani were arrested after receiving 59 grams of curated cannabis from them. Both are currently out on bail.
A month ago, NCB filed a charge sheet
About a month ago, NCB had filed a charge sheet of about 12 thousand pages in this case. The names of 33 accused, including Sushant’s girlfriend Riya Chakraborty, his brother Shovik, were included in it. 5 was declared absconding. The statements of actresses Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan and Shraddha Kapoor were also included in these documents.
A 50,000-page digital evidence was also provided along with the charge sheet. These include WhatsApp chats between the accused, their call data records and other evidence including bank documents. The statements of more than 200 witnesses were also included in this.
33 people arrested till the chargesheet is filed
In this case, 33 people were arrested by the NCB before filing the chargesheet. These include Riya, his brother Shovik, Sushant’s manager Samuel Miranda, Dipesh Sawant and several drug peddlers. In another case, NCB also questioned some famous actresses in Bollywood after getting clues from this case.
Sushant’s case came to NCB
Two months after Sushant’s death, his father filed a case in Patna. The case was against 5 people including Sushant’s girlfriend Riya and Riya’s family members. They were all accused of grabbing Rs 15 crore of Sushant. After this, Riya requested the Supreme Court to transfer the case to Mumbai.
The case was handed over to the CBI by the apex court. This is where the Enforcement Directorate (ED) entry took place in this case and the investigation of Riya’s WhatsApp chat revealed an angle of drugs. After getting a chat related to drugs, the Narcotics Control Bureau entered and the racket of big drugs running in Bollywood was busted.